Did you know that lighting is a major source of energy consumption? By reducing the carbon footprint of our lamps, we can literally cut millions of tons of CO2 emissions each year. And consider this shocking fact:
The electricity used over the lifetime of a single incandescent bulb costs 5 to 10 times the original purchase price of the bulb itself.
While many people are familiar with compact fluorescent bulbs, light emitting diodes (LED) bulbs are actually the greener choice. Particularly when they are solar LED lights.
Solar LED lights are used by more than just homeowners. Airports, marine crews, outdoors people, and communities in developing nations all rely on these convenient lighting options.
There are a number of manufacturers that have started producing solar LED lights recently. Consumers can delight in the many options available these days, from solar garden lights to safety lighting.
Here are a few options with links to websites:
- Westinghouse IDC (International Development Corporation) is now distributing LED solar lights to warehouses and retail outlets. Check with your favorite hardware store to see if they carry the merchandise.
- Want to purchase LED lights directly? Check out Brinkmann for a wide variety of solar landscape lighting.
- Green Solar Light has many solar LED light options, from solar road lamps, solar string, solar spotlights and more.
- One of my favorite new sites, Starry Night Lights, sells LED lights that can illuminate driveways, sports courts and even parking lots!
- Long lasting solar lighting comes from Gama Sonic. One a single day’s charge, the solar LED lights can last as much as 72 hours!
- There are lots of solar options at Silicon Solar. Be sure to visit its solar LED lighting page for your residential or commercial needs.
These are just a few of the solar manufacturers who make LED lights. You can not only find the products at home improvement stores, but often directly online – as many of the companies sell to consumers straight from the Internet.